Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the light I use on my 36 gal. If your tank is only 48 long...then it must have some height to it and I would assume that if you were to get any high light needs for corals they would have to be at the top. as not much of your light will reach the bottom. Great light system though.

I bought this light already and am thinking I'm going to need a better light.

Do you think if I purchase the same light again and run them both it would work better? Or do you know of a better light I can use that will run me anywhere between $100 and $200?

Tank size is 48 x 18 x 24

Pretty much same dimensions as my 36...just a tad bigger. It depends on what you put in your tank. I would stay away from the more light demanding SPS and some LPS unless you can put them at the top of your reef.

I personally am sticking to mostly soft corals and zoas for the time being.

Does anyone own this light and is it any good?

For Sale -48" Nova Extreme Pro Light - (8) 54 Watt T-5's, 4 Moon White Lunar Lights.
Fixture is 1 year old and I just replaced the bulbs with (4) 10,000K, (2) Blue Plus ATI and (2) Aqua Pink Giesemann

I have the aquatic life 48 inch t5 High output. Basically the same thing you describe here, 4 x 54 watt bulbs, and it's controlled by a computer. I really like it. I recommend it, but the one you describe here looks good too. I also got mine 2nd hand

Back
Top Bottom