Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamesonfamily

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am currently using a Fluval Marine and Reef led light on my 55 tank and have found out this is not enough for my corals. The question I have is if I add the Orbit led with the Fluval will both be enough or too much? I appreciate any feed back.

How big a tank, and what are you keeping? I used one on one side of a tank for things with low light requirements, with a Hydra on the other till I could afford the other two hydras, worked fine, but I had nothing with good lighting requirements under that end till I had brighter light

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just noticed the 55, sorry

I have assorted mushrooms, zoos, leathers, a few I do not know of yet?candy cane, ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401672469.177208.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401672510.351859.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401672545.586640.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401672590.056965.jpgeverything is good except of course my birds nest.

I am aware of the Tao lights, I am building a new tank and will use them on the new tank. 90 Bow.

If the only thing lacking enough light is the birds nest, that should be fine, everything else looks good. I'd get a few more opinions, but I think you'll be okay

I reserve comment on the tao lights, I know many swear by them, and agree they put out great amounts of light, but I had a very poor experience with them, and their service was terrible. I'll gladly spend more to get lights from a American owned company

Good to hear an honest opinion, 18 months into SW and am still blown away by what I learn daily!!

The reef breeders are basically the same as the Taos but I believe are American made.

They would be the best on a budget, as usual, I agree with bribo lol

Believe they are, unless I've been misinformed

Aqua illumination has phenomenal customer service also, for the sake of mentioning. As does abundant flow water filters, response to a question within an hour, at eleven at night on a Saturday

Back
Top Bottom