Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arnoldndana

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can someone tell me a good led for corals as I have a limited budget right now? Someone said the light I have isn't good enough. It is 3000-25000K, 27 watts, 1850 lumens, 42 white LEDs, 21 RGBs, 120-240 volts. I have been stressing over the lights and want to get the right ones before I start adding Coral and anemone.

Usually, the taotronic LED panels you can find on ebay or amazon work wonders for people. They are cheap 'chinese knock offs'. Many members use them with great success.

i would be one of those members [emoji16]love those Chinese knock offs. Lets you grow anything

Right now I have the Coralife t5 48" dual lamp with 10000k white and actinic blue. Any thoughts on Coral life with these?

Hmm, I've only ever used high out put t5 once, so I'm not a very good judge on that. I've used leds on all my other reefs

I have a 55 long so it's only 19 inches tall and I don't have the legs on the light. I talked to someone I know that keeps Coral and frags them and he said he runs the same lights but with a 20000k bulb and it grows most

All I know is I put this light on today and my snails and hermits started perking up and my flashers wrasse started dancing it seemed like lol

It would probably do well for a 55 tank. It is standard height. In terms of the bulbs, if they are good quality bulbs and are being replaced every 6 months things should be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom