Lighting for an anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpaq2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
so I've been taking a break from the hobby due to me moving and am thinking about setting up a new 75 gallon reef tank. I was wondering what lighting would be necessary for a bubble tip/bulb anemone. Any help would be great.

Thanks

You will need good quality lighting and a mature tank for a bubble tip that's been running 6 months + as your water paremeters will be swinging like a pendulum at the beginning and will not be a nice place for an anemone to be.

What is your budget for lighting and what else are you planning on keeping coral wise

You will need good quality lighting and a mature tank for a bubble tip that's been running 6 months + as your water paremeters will be swinging like a pendulum at the beginning and will not be a nice place for an anemone to be.

What is your budget for lighting and what else are you planning on keeping coral wise

Don't have any real plans yet for corals other than the fact I know I will only be doing soft corals. I realistically don't want to spend any more than $300 on the lighting but would be willing to go a little bit above. I'm aware I won't be able to get the nem for a while, just want to plan ahead.

Back
Top Bottom