Lighting for my new Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lanej20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to be setting up my aquarium again when I move in a month and I am going to buy some live rock, fish, and would eventually like to try my hand with some coral and anenomies. I was wondering if this lighting set up for my 55 gallon tank will be suffient.

2x 65w Straight pins 12000K Daylight PC Bulb.
2x 65W Straight pins True Actinic PC Bulb.
1x Acrylic lens.

Also, I have a penquin biowheel filter, jebo protein skimmer, 30lbs of live sand, and another hang on filter that came with the tank. Will I need anything else to set up a my desired tank? Thanks

It depends on the corals you are looking to keep. Many SPS corals will require more intense lighting, but there are also others that will thrive in the your lighting setup. Others will chime in with their thoughts soon. You should add the type of corals you want to keep to help others tell you which lighting system you would need.

I already have about 30lbs of porous rock, but it is not live. When I move in a month I plan on buying about 30lbs of live rock and mixing it with the rock I already have. Will that be enough?? I am on a tight budget. I just have a few more questions. Will it be ok to put anenomies in there. If so what kind should I get and what kind of lighting schedule is ideal?

anenomes need a mature tank at least 9-12 months along. A new tank is just too unstable for them.

Back
Top Bottom