lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a 15 high, I would say that's pushing the low light limit. Mushrooms and zoas would probably be OK, not sure about LPS.

IMO spend the extra money and get a fixture you'll love and be safe in keeping everything from softies to LPS to the lower light SPS.

What's the width of the tank? A good 2-bulb T5HO fixture will do endless amounts of good for you

The tank is 20 inches long. Are there any good t5 fixtures of that length

Look into a 24" fixture

Nova extreme 24" 2-bulb

fishneedit.com 2ft 2-bulb fixture

The over hang is little to none and much better for you to use IMO

But will I still b able to with the over hang? I thought the legs were at the very ends. Are they adjustable?

on most fixtures, the legs have the ability to move along the entire light. It should be able to fit perfectly.

Ok sounds good. thanks. also any stocking ideas? I was thinking either 2 clowns or a firefish and a yellow watchman goby

15G? You could do one clown, not two. The gobies would be good, and add a pistol for the watchman if you wanted

Could I do one clown and a firefish or will the clown get too aggressive? Or is that too much bioload

Also what about a pair if yellow tail damsels? I'm not sure what their tank requirements are

Hmm, I think you could do it. But then again I tend to overstock so I may be in the wrong.

When I had a clown and my firefish the goby tended to hide a lot more. Not only are the clowns somewhat aggressive but the goby is pretty skiddish, make sure you have a tight-fitting top as well

In that small of a tank, I don't think you'd see the firefish much, I'd think that clown would bully a bit and keep him hiding.

Alright. What about the damsels? Do they need a larger tank? If not could I keep one clown and one yellow tail? I've read they're the most docile of the damsels.

Yellow tails are aggressive . Though i have one now i started with two. They seem to be okay towards ny other fish it was only aggression towards each other.

I would still get two they are so cheap and if there is a problem return one. Id say ur best best would be the goby fire combo with a pistol... i too like to over stock ..just keep in mind the pwc u will be doing

Back
Top Bottom