lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisheye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just started a new 75 gallon salt water project.
I am looking around for cheap lighting or DIY systems but it seems you need to be millionaire to get something good ...
I was thinking to buy a 48" Orbit 4x65W SunPaq w/Lunar Lights.
http://www.thatpetplace.com/Product...ures/T1/F52+0434+0005/EDP/42626/Itemdy00.aspx
It is a good light or it is better to save money and buy a VHO system. Wich corals I can aspect to safely grow with this light (4x65W PC) ? Do I really need VHO or MH for corals ?

Thanks

It is a very good light and you would be more than happy with it. Keep inmind though that it is intended for only basic corals so no SPS or clams. Although i prefer the Coralifes over the current USA products.

If money is tight You may want to take advantage of the 10% discount sale I have going on now.

I would suggest researching the corals you want to keep first. Then, based on that, buy your lighting. If you decide you want to keep SPS corals, you will be far better off to go ahead and buy a MH lighting system to start with. If you want to stick with soft corals, PC or VHO would be fine. The two are about equal as far as light output goes. Another option you might want to look into is T-5's.

Back
Top Bottom