Lighting question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jebo has a reputation of being inferior quality. The Actinic light are true actinic there just blue bulbs so they will need replacement. From what I have read some people have good results but on the whole most people are unhappy with Jebo.

The lighting is going to be marginal at best for a bta. I think you could keep it under those lights but if yu decide to go with more corals then your going to be too low in the lower part of your tank. Spend the money and get a good quality light set up with enough power to do what you tihink you may want in the future such as corals, etc. next question is your tank stable and mature enough to handle a bta. They are hardy animals in a mature system but a death wish for a young immature tank less than a year old, Trust me i know first hand. I killes one myself in a 6 month old tank. Poor Guy

Not sure about the 1 yr old rule for the BTA, cuz mine was put in after my tank was 4months old and it is still doing quite good till now which is almost 15months.
I am not suggesting you should do it like wat i did cuz i belive 4 months is a bit too rush for such sensitive spicies.However I would like to point out they are also very hardy compare to other anemone.It is hard to say what kind of lights they will preffer, simply saying they require 6watts per gal is not responsable which most lfs will tell you.BTA like to hide their feet away from birght lights, but if you want their tips stay nice bulb shape, i would say MH will do the best.It is no need to rush and get a MH thou if you only try to keep it alive.

Back
Top Bottom