Lighting schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have the 165w 55 LED full spectrum lighting.

My question is what would be an optimal lighting schedule? It's at my office where I work 9 to 5. Currently I have the white side running from 7a-7p and the blue side running from 5a-9p.

Then I have my refugium light on from 9p-5a.

The reason I have it setup that way is that it gives me 8hrs dark, 2 hours before and after the whites come on of just moonlight and the blue and white (nicer look) for 12 hrs

IMO that's a lot of light. I personally couldn't run that long of light or I would have algae everywhere! With that being said every tank is different. What works for one may not work for another. I'm interested to see others opinions on this.

I would do some thing like 7:30 or 8 am blues on, an hour or hour and a half later whites come on too. Everything on together for 8-9 hours and then whites off and then blues for another hour or so

No the blues and whites are on together during the day. You could also try setting up your lighting period so that for the last hour your there you could have it on straight actinic so you can see them fluoresce if you want. Really up to you, I would just limit it to 8-10 hours with both channels on so you don't get algae issues

How long should I do the refugium? The opposite 12 hours or for like 6-8 hours and everything off for 4-6hours?

I run my blues from 8am-8pm and whites from 845am-4ish. I like to have between 6 to 8 hours of white but it also may depend on what you have in there for coral. I've got a few acros in the tank as well as many LPS

I'm running blue 7am-10pm white 10am-7pm with no algae issues. Sump light opposite whites 7pm-10am.

Back
Top Bottom