Lighting schedule Blue and White

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abreifmanup

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any suggestions recommend feedback on most effective lighting schedules for soft corals?

The schedule shouldn't be longer than 10 hours. Most of us have the whites on first and then blue tune in about an hour after lights on and then before lights out.

Yes. But what percentages of white or blue do you run thought the 8 or 10 hours they are on?

Yes. But what percentages of white or blue do you run thought the 8 or 10 hours they are on?

What kind of light are you using? Depending on the strength of the light is what really determines what percentage. On my 10g with a nanobox tide I ran whites around 35 and blues at 50 I believe, but I like the 20k look to my reefs.

Sadly, that light is on the lower end of being able to support photosynthetic corals. Nothing over soft coral or polyps. You'll need more rock in there so they can be up closer to the light as well as you aim for the 1 lbs per gallon rock estimate. That should set you up pretty well.

EDIT: I almost forgot to address the question. Since these lights are underpowered compared to other lighting fixtures that support photosynthetic corals, I would be comfortable having them set at 50% as a starting point and working your way up from there.

When I turn then up they get alot brighter just to mention , bright enough to keep soft frags and polyps from opening

Back
Top Bottom