Lights for a 220 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogger19

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I'm working on getting my first saltwater tank up and running. The main tank is 220 gallons and the sump is 100 gallons. I'm trying to determine the best route to proceed for lights. I plan on starting with fish and live rock only. I am considering a DIY led system from rapid led. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would not waste my time on a DIY Led system by the time you buy all the supplies you need you just paid for a really nice led light system already made. If you have really deep pockets the Ecotech Radions are ally nice lights but I myself cannot afford those so I myself have been looking at the AI "Aqua Illumination"hydra lights to replace the old led lights that I have over my tank which are no longer can't remember the name brand but i got them off of Amazon. Their was a thread on here about those lights on Amazon and Ebay very reasonable prices too just not name brands.

The complete DYI kit is $900. Trying to budget 1k for lights.

Back
Top Bottom