Lights for new 90 gallon deep tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I'm new here and also fairly new to this hobby figured with a new tank I'll need a little help here and there so why not join. Possibly help others as well.

Currently have pretty much all the necessities except the lighting at this point. Even though I won't have coral for awhile, I plan too. My tank is 36(l)x32(h)x18(w). I been reading and it sounds like a Metal Halide would be the way to go because of the height ofY tank. LEDs sounds good but will it be strong enough? Someone recommended the Odyssea 402W Metal Halide Adv Plus. It's only $170 which sounds great but too good maybe? Not trying to spend an arm and a leg but not trying to go cheap either. Any suggestions would be great as the more I read the more I get confused lol. Thank you.

Here is the current process of my tank..ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403138971.455085.jpg

Looks good so far. Wish I could be more help on the lights. Maybe a 6 buld t5ho. Not sure on budget but would suggest looking at LEDs...think they are the future in lighting. Also it may help to know what type of coral you want to grow. Softies, lps, sps???

Back
Top Bottom