lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
tryin to figure out what fish i wanna put in my 35g tank. Im thinkin about possibly baseing the tank arounda a lionfish. is there a smaller type that would go well in a tank my size? what feeder fish are used to feed them? are they a hard fish to keep?

thx all =)

imo a 30 gallon is too small for a lionfish, even a dwarf will start to feel too confined.

Hi,

Please do not try to put any Lionfish in a 35 gallon tank too small! Even if the Lionfish is three inches it will grow to a point and die! If you really enjoy a Lionfish you must at least get a 55 gallon tank or larger. Remember Lionfishes can each fishes in your aquarium. The Lionfish can open it's mouth upton three times and swallow anything that can be place in his mouth. I have a baby lionfish which is about three inches long and my largest one is about 14 inches long. I have eight different Lionfishes. So think tank size and fishes sizes before you purchase one. Let me know if you need help with your Lionfishes! :)

Back
Top Bottom