list ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitetiprs

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 46 gal tank with a seaclone 100 skimmer, magnum 350 filter and 2 PH. There will be about 65 lbs LR when the fish are added.

Here are the fish I would like to eventualy add to my tank, not all at once.

2 Ocellaris clowns
1 six line wrasse
1 firefish goby
1 hi fin red banded or yellow watchman goby
1 Kaudern's cardinalfish
1 small angle ??? maybe coral beauty

would there be any compatability issues? is this to many fish? any suggestions to what may be better suited to my tank?

It will still be a few weeks before I add any fish, it's almost done cycleing and i need to add the clean up crew.

Is the LR in the tank now to cycle it?

I think you'd be pushing it with that list of fish. General rule is 1" of adult size fish to 5 gallon of water volume. That's a very rough rule as the banggai does not add much bioload. You may want to consider dropping the wrasse and the angel

yeah the LR is in there to cycle. But i just tested today and the ammonia and nitrate are zero but i just added 45 of LR 2 days ago from liveaquaria.com. For two weeks before though i had 5 lbs of LR and 10 lbs of LS to begin cyceling. so i might go out and get a shrimp tomorrow to make sure it definetly is done.

Yep, perfectly normal in a new tank. It goes through several stages and different algae or diatom blooms the first few months.

Unfortunately, very normal. Your list looks good. The six line is an awesome specimen. I would like one, but I already have a large, aggressive wrasse in there. The only thing I would do is decide between an angel or Wrasse. Since this is a new tank, the Coral beauty may not fare well.

Mike

I would not get the wrasse, your tank is just a little small for that many fish. Remember the fish grow, the two clowns get 3 inches, the fire goby gets 3 inches, and the coral beauty around 4, then the watchmen around 2 inches, that means that you'll have a total of 15 inches or so when they get full grown. Thats about 45 gallons of water needed for that bioload. Adding the wrasse could tip that over the top. Maybe after the tank is well established you may be able to get away with it, but I would hold off for now.

Back
Top Bottom