Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi all iv heard that in order to benefit my aquarium ill need about 1kg of live rock to every 2liters of water. so i had 3kg of live rock and then 6kg of non live ocean rock. the non live rock has since turned dark and started to have coraline grow on it. first of all is this turning into live rock and will the previously non live rock now count towards my live rock total.

The "dead" rock will come to life after a time. Most people have a certain amount of base rock and then a smaller amount of live rock as its much cheaper!

craig_will2513 said:
so the non live stuff i first put in that is now live.. this counts towards the total amount of live rock needed am i right

Yes, that is correct!

yes, your doing roughly 4.5lbs/gallon. You really only need 1.5-2LBS/gallon but you can have as much as you can fit if you like the look. Sounds like your packing the tank to me.

cool so that recomended amount isnt just live rock is all rock as it all turns live. i was thinking it was only live rock and i needed loads more sounds like i dont though.. i can spend my money on fish now then

Back
Top Bottom