Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't seen lr for less than 5 bucks a Pound. I would buy 90% base and 10% live. The cycle may take longer but oh well. U can find sites with 50 pounds base for 100 bucks

Jason M said:
I haven't seen lr for less than 5 bucks a Pound. I would buy 90% base and 10% live. The cycle may take longer but oh well. U can find sites with 50 pounds base for 100 bucks

It's for a 29 gallon biocube, and I was planning on having as little live rock and as much base as was possible, being as it's soooo expensive. How much rock would you suggest for a 29 gallon?

Atleast 29 pounds but more the better I would put twice that for a strong biological filter. Actually I just read aN article on a 30 gallon tank without any filtration and a ton of lr.

U know that all the base u pit in there will turn to live. As long as its un there with it

Yeah, I know it'll all be live rock eventually. So, would fifty pounds of rock with a sand bed be too much? Should I go with 30 lbs of rock, maybe five to ten live?

Thirty total would be great after the base seeds

Also only thirty would be cheapest. Honestly I would buy 20 pounds base and only ten live if that is what u meant

I would put an inch and 20 #s makes an inch in my 25

Jason M said:
Also only thirty would be cheapest. Honestly I would buy 20 pounds base and only ten live if that is what u meant

I think I'm getting sixteen pounds of live, because I found some on liveaquaria for nanos, and it was sixteen pounds. The rest of thirty can be base then. Does that sound good?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Craigslist. Its 2 bucks a pound.

I haven't seen any live rock in my area on Craigslist. I can double check, but I think I have it settled. And I can kind of go a little bit expensive, because I'm still saving for it. So I can just wait a little longer.

I put nano rocks in my tank because they come in smaller pieces. I have a hammer and chisel to break up big pieces. I also take base rock into work and use a hammer drill to bore out big holes for caves

Jason M said:
I put nano rocks in my tank because they come in smaller pieces. I have a hammer and chisel to break up big pieces. I also take base rock into work and use a hammer drill to bore out big holes for caves

Okay. My dad is a carpenter. He'd probably have access to tools to be able to make caves. That'd be cool.

Back
Top Bottom