Live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike24

Aquarium Advice Regular
Do i really need 30 lbs of live rock to set up 30g reef and fish Tank? Thanks

Thanks... Just want to make sure coz some people said you dont need thats much (per lbs) live rock...again thanks

If you have a sump you can put some in there and some in the display tank otherwise it's good to have it per gallon per lb bc of the surface area the bacteria need to go on ....and no problem

I can just stock like 20 lbs live rock in my sump and 10lbs landscape design in the main tank? Coz 30 lbs of live rock is kind of too much space for a 30g tank...

U don't really meed that much for bacteria your sand will provide plenty of square inches. Do it the way you want your rock to look if u have a sump you have more than plenty if u want more add Bio balls they will add lots of area. The bacteria will grow on every square inch in the tank and sump and your bacteria population will depend on your waste load is how it works

30 lbs does not take up as much space as you probably think. I have about 70lbs in my 30 with plenty of open space for fish. I would do at least 30 for a reef.

Right now i probably have 35-40 lbs of live rock, theres still room but not plenty, maybe my rocks are kind of big... Ill take pic Soon

I have 36lbs in my 28gal with plenty on room.

Have fun aquascaping, I bet you change it about five different times. It is a lot if fun.

Post pics when you have them.

image-1204277279.jpg

Best picture i can take using my phone

Attachments

• image-2038465614.jpg
    image-2038465614.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 112
this is 50# in a 37

theres about 5 in space from the glass in back and 5 in space in front and about 18 in above the rock to the top

Back
Top Bottom