Live rock for 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could be but the rock may be too small for stacking like you want it. The other LR on that site would give you more options and you can always make larger rocks smaller if needed (hammer, chisel, and drill).

16 lbs isn't going to be enough for the 20 gal and I'd aim closer to 30-40 lbs.

Are you still interested in the 26 gal bow front?

It is 105 $ for the 26 bowfront that is a big different then the regular 29 g what is about 50 $ but those are 30" long and the lightfixture that I orded is 24"
So I think I'm gone stick to the 20g and buy a 10g as a qaurintine tank
I still have to figure out how to set up a qaurintine tank

As far as the LR I would also suggest that you go about 30 lbs. The rock you showed is OK but it might be too small as Micah said. It is mostly used as rubble to use in sumps instead of bio balls. Good info on the QT. Here is another great article by one of our members.

I bought that 16lb bundle. Plus I had about 6lbs of my owne stuff..

Here is a pic in my 20 gallon.. This is the day after I added the rock i think..

downloaddh5.jpg

Looks nice, it's better to replace the air stones with phs. In SW the O2 exchange takes place at the surface of the water.

When I setup my 20 gallon I put in about 20lbs of lace rock and 35-40lbs of lr and I like the way it looks. Personally I dont like all that open space in the top half of the tank near the top (that's prob why I kept adding rocks so you cant really see the back wall of the tank).

^ Don't forget all that rock displaces water. Your not only reducing swimming room for any fish additions, you're also reducing the volume of the tank. Factor that into your bio-load capability and chemistry swings.

Back
Top Bottom