Live rock got cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongebobby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My live rock came today but got real cold, actually had a little frost on it. What should i do? I have only been cycling my tank for a week. Shoukd i put it in the tank or what?

Thanks for the help

Yeah put it in the tank........ the die off will help cycle the tank quicker..... just test the levels until they're good and then start stocking.......

How long will it take to bounce back? It was cured by the supplier but seeing as how i am only 1 week in to the cycle will the rock be OK? It has lots of different colors on it now, but the frost on the rock has got me nervous.

Well it's in there...............hoping for the best.

Any other suggestions?

Not really .... at this point it's just time to wait.... maybe keep an eye on your calcium so that you can start some coraline growth....

It may have been cured at the supplier,but die off occured so now it's uncured. Put it in the tank, and it may tank up to month or two to cycle. But like comfort said keep testing your water till everything remains stable.

Now i have a bunch of brown spots on the LS. I check my AM level and it's higher than .8 . It was like a blue teal color. Is there a problem?

Thanks....

Brown spots on the sand might be diatoms. This is a normal part of the cycle and nothing to worry about. It will go away over time as the nutrient levels balance out.

Back
Top Bottom