Live Rock Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay917

Aquarium Advice Regular
If i order live rocks online, can live rocks completly die? if the live rock completly dies, how does it recover to become live rocks? Also will all the living stuff on the rocks die and wont grow back?

If you order it from liverocks.com, most will survive. I precycled my tank with sand and raw shrimp before adding the rock, but even that probably isn't necessary. 1.5 - 2 lb per gallon.

LiveRocks.com ships well packed rock harvested from Aquaculture sites in the ocean. They ship overnight cheaper than you can buy it at the LFS, even delivered to your door. The stuff is teaming with life and looks great too. I started my tank with 100# of base rock and added 60# of keys/gulf in mid-November and there are very few rocks in my tank now that aren't completely covered with coraline. Tons of little critters came along for the ride too. Surprisingly little die off.

If you do a search for LiveRocks.com here you'll find tons of glowing references for them.

Yep, Liverocks.com is the best online vendor for quality LR.

You'll see people suggest hirocks.com too, but that's just volcanic rock from Hawaii, which is dead and will have to be seeded with live rock anyhow.

I was a skeptic, but I finally got my first shipment of LR from LRocks.com yesterday, and it is awesome.....prettiest rocks in my tank! I highly reccomend them.

hrm i got some liverocks for $2.10 a lb from oceanproaquatics...

it came with some nice life on it... and you really can't beat that price...

Back
Top Bottom