Live stock ideas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not get the long horn cowfish. They get big and scan release toxin. Triggerfish can be aggressive and have a high bioload. The fish with the high fin sounds like a species of jack knife fish. Highly predatory. Any eels would try to eat smaller fish. I would advise getting a lemon peel angelfish orang of the more peaceful centropygne angelfish. For the bottom, a pistol shrimp with a watchman goby would be neat.

I believe the fish with the horn was A unicorn naso which get huge. Definitely to big for a 120. I agree with everything betta owner said

The black and white stripes could be the moorish idol? That also wouldn't fit in your tank and are notoriously hard to keep. Unfortunately most of those awesome big fish you see in public aquariums need huge tanks and aren't often found in home aquariums. Unless you are fortunate like some to keep 1000g plus tanks ;)

I like to start sm-med less cost and I want to see my f1sh grow! I have 6 percula clowns, 4 tangs yellow, hippo, foxface, scopas, lawnmower blenny, Royal gramma and coral beauty. My Foxface and yellow tangs have grown 2" in one yr fat and happy.I feed them Sushi Seaweed!

It's kind of a disappointment that none of those would work haha. The longhorn cowfish we saw was the size of a dollar, I was kinda hoping it would stay small. It was really cute.

So far;
A yellow tank
Clownfish x 2
A lemon peel

I put my sand in last night, and it made about a 2-2"" sand bed. Which is a little higher then a wanted. Does anyone have suggestions for sand sifters? Or something that will move the sand quiet often? It's super fine sand, so it won't hurt them.

I think the high fin one was a heniotcus butterfly. Sorry for bad spelling.

I think it was the moorish fish, but the Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish looks similar, the site you guys gave me says 125gallons, but is there anyway it could go in my tank because the sump...?

Yeah I want the moorish idol, but obviously can't have it. So I was hoping I could substitute it with the other one.

Okay. And should it be the only one? Or do they like having more of there species?

They're schooling fish in the ocean but that tank isn't big enough for multiple. I'd do one. Also, I wouldn't do any more big fish with the yellow tang and heniochus in there

Okay. I was thinking azule damselfish, or yellow tale damsel. Maybe a royal gamma, purple dotty back, and then a bicolour or Midas blenny.
How many of each should I get? Am I getting close to fully stocked?

What about sand sifters?

Damsels stink lol. At least IMO they do. They're mean little things and catching them is a pain in the butt. A royal gramma would be great. That's my favorite fish in my tank. A blenny would be good too. I add one of each

Any other suggestions on a small blue fish? I want a really colorful tank, and I'm missing some blue :p

Any other suggestions on a small blue fish? I want a really colorful tank, and I'm missing some blue :p

Blue Chromis, omly problem they tend to kill each other for some reason :ermm:

Your also missing a blenny from your list!!!

Could also do a Watchman and shrimp pair.

Bicolour or Midas blenny is what I'm thinking. Either one or both..

Back
Top Bottom