Liverock Day One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpaparazzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok guys I added my substrate and liverock yeterday and finally the milky cloud is starting to subside..Still cloudy but Im sure over time that will pass. I had a bare tank..I added 6" of dsb southdown playsand. I purchased from reeferrocks.com(see my other post on thisA+).50lbs of base rock and 50lbs of liverock..I have a 75gallon tank...

here is my question..Obviuosly i didnt add enough liverock and I have created a pretty cool aquascape but its missing Id say a couple of nice big pieces...20lbs or so..I dont want to go through online for 20lbs cuz of shipping so do you think it would be ok to purchase 20lbs(or less) at a lfs if i can find the right price......and put it in even though the tank is cycling..Obviuosly that is cured rock and i have uncured in there...
Forgive the ignorance!!

Thanks

oh and i forgot..lighting..is 4hours a day and then gradually increains every 4 dyas a 1/2 hour ok..Some people say leave lights off some say on..There is alot of coralline and life on these babies!

if your tank is still in the cycle stage then imo your good to add more rock with out any probs !!

i would prob have lights on longer my self

Thanks Scuba..Ive finally got the water to clear and I can see in there now..I need more rock but for day two its not that bad!

Back
Top Bottom