liverocks.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Everyone,

I have to share my experience with my liverocks.com order that I got on Friday. I ordered 30lbs of Gulf Rock to add to my 80lbs of Marshall and Tonga rock that has been in my tank for 8 months. I was most interested in getting some new "critters" in the tank since my original live rock had great shapes and corraline growth, but didn't have a lot of other life that I could see.

I received the shipment at 11:00am on Friday morning and was amazed by the rock. Even though the Gulf Rock typcially isn't as colorful as the Keys, it still had some great corraline growth and interesting shapes. I started to add it to the tank and re-aquascaped.

The best part of this whole experience came once I got most of the rock into the tank. At the bottome of the bag in the shipping box was about a half inch of water and an AMAZING assortment of live critters swimming around!!!! I spend the next 30 mins sorting through all of this and picking out all the critters I wanted to add, and leaving those that I thought might be a problem. I picked out over 10 pistol shrimps of various sizes and colors and added them all to the tank. I also found many small crabs, but only added ones that did not have the pointy claws or were very hairy. I also added 5-10 starfish, the largest one had a main body that was as big as a quarter! It was a fascinating experience. I have a ton of LR in my tank now and I want to get more just for the unpacking experience!

As you can tell, I am a very satisfied customer. The only complaint I had was when I looked that the tank the next day, after the light cycle came on. I had a LOT (40-50) of aiptasias on the rock. Some of them were bigger than I ever imagined they could be! I saw 2 or 3 that were easily 1.5 inches wide at the mouth. Although this was a surprising, I had my Joe's Juice already and the whole population has been eliminated.

So, this was my experience. Another satisfied customer. Sorry to take up so much space, but I had to tell someone about this great LR!!!

tripper

great stuff! I love my LR from them. I will be ordering another 20 lbs soon. My only complaint was that I did not get any starfish. (oh well, you can't have it all.)

Pictures are a must!

I just want to say that it is not a fluke about liverocks.com. I also am extremely pleased with my rock and also plan on getting more when I can$$. Can't wait for your pics.

Unfortunately, I was too excited when I was adding all this to my tank to actually take pics of the hitchhikers in the bag. I will however take pics of my tank tonight and post tomorrow so you can see the end result.

tripper

The coolest part of your LR.com order is yet to come! I've had mine for almost 6w now and am ever fascinated by what I see in the tank. Little yellow/green worms, bristle worms, crabs so tiny I'd swear they came to life in my tank (the size of the head of a pin found yesterday, literally). I've gotten a ton of porcelain crabs, a few pistol shrimp, many feather dusters (and lots more have started popping up)! Clams like crazy! I must have about 10 clams in my tank. 2 of them are pretty big (the size of my thumb and forefinger curled up together) a couple of them the size of golf balls and loads of smaller ones). In addition to the aptasias that are gone largely credited to my peppermint shrimp, I also got 4 colonies of a coral whose name escapes me at the moment. I'm getting coraline growth like MAD on my existing base rock. It is almost turning purple as I watch it! It just gets better every day. I've gotten 60# (30KR & 30GR) and will be ordering another 30# after I recover from holiday shopping! Great stuff!

I agree! I got my LR from them in October and never seem to stop finding more and more.... and beautiful! To add to all your lists, pencil urchin, 4 brittle stars, 4 emerald crabs, bristles, clams, dusters. This is amazing!

Sounds awesome I'll consider ordering from there soon.

Has anyone heard anything about premiumaquatics.com and their LR. They were recommend by a friend, but I haven't done internet buying for aquarium supplies yet.

Someone should start a site where we grade the different internet suppliers to weed out the unreliable ones. :?

Yes! The urchins! I just noticed them this past week. We have 3 small urchins but we haven't figured out what they are yet. Little gray/black things. Cute as buttons, but I don't know if they're safe keeping yet. We got a few brittle stars too. I forgot to mention them because they hardly ever come out where you can see them.

Sipe, I went there last weekend and picked out the rock personally, great stuff! The keys rock has no anemone, gulf does, though I was told they were harmless ones. The gulf has some cool corals on them. So far, so good. I got a striped serpent star and a red brittle star both babies, both I don't know how they are doing cuz they dissappeared in the rocks :D . I got a few small pieces of gulf and two huge chunks of keys, look in my gallery the stuff with the oranges in it too is the stuff I got from them.

sipe said:
Sounds awesome I'll consider ordering from there soon.

Has anyone heard anything about premiumaquatics.com and their LR. They were recommend by a friend, but I haven't done internet buying for aquarium supplies yet.

Someone should start a site where we grade the different internet suppliers to weed out the unreliable ones. :?

Ummm we have that :) go look :)

Back
Top Bottom