Liverocks.com and DHL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zanotti

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I thought I would post notes between me and liverocks.com about my order this week:

Hi Z

The weather system moving through the north east has forced me to cancel shipping for two days. All shipments with DHL go through their hub in Cincinnati OH. Your zip code in particular may be a problem for this storm. It is my understanding that you understand and accept the risk of shipping today.

Dear Mike:

We had 14 to 18 plus inches of snow last night. It took me three hours to get home last night and the kids school was canceled today.

I got up about 7 am to the sound of snowplows in the street and checked the DHL web site for an update. Said the package was in Cincinnati last night at 1:30am.

Called DHL at 8am and asked where the package was. Obviously, they didn't know. The customer service lady in Tempe, AZ found it amusing that I was stuck in the snow. She put a track on the package and changed it to a local hold. The local dispatch office is about 20 minutes from my home, so at 9 am I drove over there (with my 7 yr old daughter, since the kids were out of school).

They found it, treated it and me like it was special, and I was back home by 10!

Stuff is in there, saw several crabs and shrimp. The package was pretty cold, but things were moving. I couldn't tell which end was up on most of the rocks - does it matter?

Overall, I am very pleased. Thanks for shipping when it was questionable - it worked out well. I know you get a lot of complaints about DHL, but they worked great for me in a difficult situation.

Thanks again,

Z

The rock is looking pretty sweet:

http://zanotti.smugmug.com/photos/16800558-M.jpg

Zack followed up after the sale and I am pleased. I have about three good crabs, at least two mantis shrimp (one I already hand feed - I wanted him) and a couple other assorted stuff. I think I will order 15 pounds more in the next few weeks.

My ammonia is holding steady at between .25 and .50 on a Aquarium Pharmaceuticals liquid test kit. Some small amounts of brown diatoms are on the sand - I think the cycle is finishing.

Skimmer is getting very small amounts of gunk. I think I 'll add some snails this week.

Z

You know, i had a simlar experience with DHL. They could not find my adress so my package never go delivered during the day. It was scheduled for a morning delivery and by the afternoon it never showed up. I was on the phone pretty much all afternoon with either Mike from liverocks.com or DHL. While I was disapointed in the fact that my delivery was delayed due to a new driver not familiar with the area, the customer service I got from DHL was great. They made the effort to call me back with the status of the package and sent a driver out with it as soon as it made its way back to the hub. They even called later in the evenign to make sure I got the package and that everything was okay. Bitter/sweet I guess.
Your rock looks great! (y)

Just an update. The rock arrived on Wendesday and were all in the tank by 11am. I had one bag of Agraalive and 1 pound of lfs sand. Ammonia never went above 0.50, dropped to 0.25 for two days and now at 8:30 pm Sunday, they read zero. (I did the test three times to make sure I was right!)

Got a clean up crew of 10 blue legs, two lettuce nudis, 8 various snails and 1 brittle star. Wanted two peppermint shrimp, but was afraid they would just be expensive mantis food! Ready to go.

HOB Remora C has about 1/3 a cup of skim.

Two confirmed mantis shrimp. Anybody have the best way to catch them?

Oceanic 30 cube, Visitherm 200 watt heater, Remora C w/MJ1200, two Aquclear 30 PH. 40 # liverocks.com rock

Back
Top Bottom