looking to go from a 30 gallon to a 75 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everyone i have some questions on my switch and how hard it will be. First has anyone every use a odyssea quad t5 ho led 54 watt bulb each light fixture before and how is it for a reef tank? other question i have it i have a 20 long refugium will that be ok to use to start till i build i bigger tank? what the best way to tranfer corals and fish? Will my 500 gph pump be enough for 75 gallons? should i use more then 2 power i have set up that are good for up to a 50 gallon tank? whill i mess my tank up if i switch from sand to crush coral in my new tank?

I've heard the odyssea works for most corals, but is pretty cheap in that it's low quality and runs hot and can burn out fast. Are you wanting to transfer everything all at once? So it's a 20 to a 75 gallon tank..? Best way to transfer fish and corals is by just catching a fish while feeding once a week and transferring them overtaking them out and drip acclimating them. Introducing the stock slowly would be best. You will stir up a lot of debris and disturb the life so you might have a rise in nitrates from the die-off. That's why it's better to go slower, but I suppose you could transfer them all in there and do water changes to keep the nitrates down.

Well i am looking to cause 75 gallon tanks going right where my 30 gallon tank is when i do it.... mean i plan on using the 30 gallon of my tank put 20 in sump and add another 45 in or water Nd mix it to level and let it for a hour Nd then drol everuthing in bucks

When I switched mine from a 50 gallon to a 120 gallon I siphoned the water out into a tote I bought from Wal mart put my LR in it and bought some buckets from the lfs and filled them with sand and crushed coral mixture and another tote with water from my tank and the fish then cupped out then set up my 120 cupped out my sand and crushed coral mixed it up finely added a little bit of water then my live rock then more water let the debris settle then mixed salt and R O in the same bucket to get the right levels and fished adding that then waited about a hour the rest of my water from the old tank and fish and everything is healthy and doing fine

that how i did my fresh water figure i do the same with salt water but salt water cost alot more money and want to make sure i could do it that way

Back
Top Bottom