LR help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjk666

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I set up my tank with about 35 lbs of live rock. it was fine for a few days but then it seemed like the little hand like creatures went away. they are back now and look very neat. but i have noticed little snail looking things all over my tank. none are just bigger than a pin head. and now the 6 blue damsels i had to help cycle the tank are down to 2, and they are looking pitiful. they have been in there about 2 weeks. thanks for the help.

Have you tested your water parameters?
How big is the tank?
How long was it set up?
What else is in there?
It sounds like you've a cycle starting over from the LR. How long was it out of the water?

sounds to me like you set up the tank brand new?

If this is the case then your tank is still cycling and the fish have died from being exposed to the cycle. you'll have to answer the questions given above before we can give much advice. If it is at all possible, get your LFS to take back the damsels before they die as well. You can, and should, cycle a tank without fish.

Set up a small Quarantine tank say 10 to 25 gal and put the fish in it till the main tank cycles. When adding live rock to cycle a tank you should not have fish in there. they will die from the build up of ammonia.

do water changes on the Q tank till the fish cycle it to help reduce the ammonia build up in it also .........
once the main tank cycles you can then add the fish back to the main tank and then keep the Q tank up and running for quarantine of new fish....

Koijoy

Back
Top Bottom