LR only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cabezon

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK, here's a real newb question... Can one have a tank with just LR, sand and some cleaning critters, without any equipment?

I have a 20 long fresh, that is moving to a 55. So just to start I was wondering if I got some LR and put it into a tank could i use that without having to get into other equipment.

--Shaw

im not too sure but i think you will need equitment so ur critters dont die also ur backteria if the water gets too cold it might kill ur critters and backteria and u need some water flow but im just new with salt water so im not too sure but imo ill get a heater and atleast a filter that gives u a decent water flow and if it doesnt give u a good water flow ill get atleast one powerhead too

I have a heater, but not an extra filter. that's what I am trying to ge around. Just a little tanks with some rocks in it.

You'll definitely need phs for water movement. You could get away with the standard lighting and not filter. Just make sure when you do a PWC you suck up as much waste as you can.

You could do LR and frequent PWC`s instead of a skimmer. You will need some PH`s to push the water around.

I ran this by the wife, she is trying to cure my MTS. and I think this might be used as a fuge for a bigger tank at some point.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom