LR placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

batfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I realize that the placement of your LR is personal preference. But my 55 is so narrow that the rock will probably touch the back and sides. Is that the norm ?

That should be ok but be sure to leave an open space for swimming either on one side or seperate the rocks to there is a large space in the center.

The only concerns with it touching the back and sides are flow and cleaning. It makes it difficult to clean the glass on the sides when rock is touching and eventually algeas and corraline grow there looking a little unkept. The flow is a more serious issue, but avoided by placeing small powerheads in and behind the rockwork. You don't want "dead" spaces in your water.

R-

leaning on the back is fine.... like the others have said cleaning the sides is a pain with LR touching the glass. I use a large scraper to scrape the coralline off the sides of my reef every few months becasue the LR touches and can not be cleaned right with the float

Back
Top Bottom