Lunar LED lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozorowsky

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible that Lunar LED's hinder coral growth? I have had mine running constantly when my actinics/halides were off, and last night I started turning my Lunars off. It seems as though my corals are changing today; My mushroom looks like its splitting (re producing) my xenias moved, my leather is doing its shedding thing. These have been in the tank about a week now but is this coincidence or is it possible the Lunar's hindered growth?

Also on some of my rock there apear to be white worms. They aren't moving, it could just be the way the rock is lit/looks but is it possible form hundreds of small worms to be in my tank? Are these good? Bad? Thoughts?

ozorowsky said:
Is it possible that Lunar LED's hinder coral growth? I have had mine running constantly when my actinics/halides were off, and last night I started turning my Lunars off. It seems as though my corals are changing today; My mushroom looks like its splitting (re producing) my xenias moved, my leather is doing its shedding thing. These have been in the tank about a week now but is this coincidence or is it possible the Lunar's hindered growth?

Also on some of my rock there apear to be white worms. They aren't moving, it could just be the way the rock is lit/looks but is it possible form hundreds of small worms to be in my tank? Are these good? Bad? Thoughts?

A picture would help a lot with the white things. But the corals take a few days to acclimate properly to your tank. The lunars (as far as I know) do absolutely nothing for or against coral. I leave mine on all the time and my corals are perfect. :)

Back
Top Bottom