MACNA XVIII Houston Tx 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
The Marine Aquarium and Reef Society of Houston (MARSH) couldn’t be happier to have been selected as the host of the 18th annualMarine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA XVIII).

Planning is well underway and the event is shaping up to be one of the best conferences to date. There is an excellent group of speakers already confirmed and planning their presentations geared toward the theme, “Futures in Reefkeeping.” The speaker list includes: Steven Pro, Sandy Shoup, Frank Marini, Doug Weaver, Eric Borneman, Kelly Jedlicki, Anthony Calfo, Charles Delbeek, Larry Jackson, Barry Neigut, Bob Fenner, Fernando Nostratpour, Julian Sprung, Lee Goldman, Robert Di Marco, Roy Caldwell, Tom Goreau, Phillip G. Lee, and Rob Toonen.

One of the notable things different at MACNA XVIII is that there will be no concurrent speakers. Attendees will be able to enjoy as much of the conference as possible without having to choose one topic over another.

Some interesting things in the works are some exceptional and unique workshops on hobby-related topics, such as digital photography of the reef aquarium, with tips and techniques to get the most out of your digital camera.

MACNA XVIII will be held in the Westin Galleria Hotel, located within Houston’s renowned Galleria Mall – one of the nation’s largest shopping malls with more than 375 fine stores and restaurants and an impressive indoor ice rink.

In addition to events at the conference there are some exciting excursions planned for those who want to get out and see the town. Houston is home to some great nightlife and sporting events. There is really something for everyone and we are hoping to see attendees bring their whole families.

For the latest information visit us on the web at http://www.macna2006.com. Don’t forget to buy your tickets now at a reduced rate! Vendor booths are still available, but are selling fast.

I am planning on attending and buying my tickets soon. Last years MACNA was a blast, and I'm very much anticipating this one.

I think it'd be cool for everyone to report here if they are going or not, so we can all meet up and all that good stuff.

I will be there too, pretty sure of it. If anyone is staying a day or two extra, the aquariums at Moody Gardens in Galvestons are incredible, well worth the extra hour or so drive south.

Hara said:
I will be there too, pretty sure of it. If anyone is staying a day or two extra, the aquariums at Moody Gardens in Galvestons are incredible, well worth the extra hour or so drive south.

Will you be guiding, Lisa? :wink:

I'm totally up for making the trip last longer than the 3 days of the convention.

I wish I could go. I have never been to one of these. I saw some pics of past ones on another board and it looks really cool.

If its a mater of money start saving up now. You got almost 8 months to save up. Its a very fun event

No its not money. I go to school year round so Im always there. But I guess when I graduate it will be worth it. Then I shall go :)

If one is a bio major it can acutally be more benifital to attend than the week of classes missed but YES stay in school. Dont skip as there will be plenty more MACNA's to come. And you can always ask for the DVD set.

let me just say I will be there and to all af Y'ALL coming

WELCOME TO TEXAS !!

Just a reminder...Early Registration ends in two weeks on 5/31!! Ticket prices are discounted until then.

Who all is signed up to go from AA??

I signed up tonight and sent an invitation/reminder email to my local reef club members. Since I live about 6 hours from Houston I see this as a once in a lifetime chance to hear the world's foremost experts in our hobby. I can drive down there and back in a weekend. I told my wife and kids tonight and they're down with it. They might want to tag along to go shopping at the Galleria. Since I live within driving distance and will have a car I might even want to go check out some of the LFS and bring something home. The $129 price for the Galleria hotel is not too bad. Heck, it would cost at least $80 to stay in a cheap hotel off site somewhere. Anybody flying in who needs a lift around needs to PM me. Dang, I'm excited now.

So, since we are all going to be there we need to come up with a way to meet and interact. I'd love to meet you guys/gals.

Time is now upon us. THe conference will start and be over in a week. Whom from AA is going? Regretfully I can not attend this year.

I have hopes of having some people there that can submit updated reports as to the daily events?

Back
Top Bottom