macroalgae question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've noticed lower nitrates when adding this in yea and it homes and helps Copepods to reproduce but that's all. I only have 1 clown in there all my other fish died :( still trying to figure that one out

I run cheatoe in the hob filter

and use other macros stuffed into some rock caves defiantly helps cut back nitrates been doing this almost a year now

Yeah this all started because I have had a considerable algae bloom over the last few weeks. I clean my glass everyday which helps but many places cant be cleaned due to the rock. I put chaeto in today and im gonna start adding more carbon, as all I have now is the carbon in the hob filters. Fingers crossed. Im saving up for a skimmer and rodi.

i run no carbon
i change out cheato in hob every 2 weeks thats it
and wow it holds tons pods on top of the ones in my breeder

I guess im just hoping that the chaeto and the carbon will help with nitrates, silicate, and phosphate. My algae issue is bumming me out.

I guess im just hoping that the chaeto and the carbon will help with nitrates, silicate, and phosphate. My algae issue is bumming me out.

Get a conch great sand sifters and will eat the algea off the bottom of the glass and off the sand. I also have 4 turbo snails

I have a yellow tang, starry blenny, skunk shrimp, serpent star, sand conch, 4 turbos, 20 hermits, 2 emerald crabs, 15 nerite snails, 15 astrea snails, and 20 cereith snails, a tuxedo urchin, and a long spine urchin. I still have to clean my glass everyday. I do 20% water changes weekly.

What type of clean up crew do you have and how old is your tank?

my tank was set up in October and was done cycling by the end of october, I have a turbo snail, 4 nassarius snails, 2-3 other snails not sure of the exact species, a sand sifting sea star, cleaner shrimp, and about 10 hermits mixed blue and red leg.

What type of filtration? Cause the only thing I could see is your tank hasn't fully cycled and the water changes are high nutrient or your where ever your getting your RO water needs Maintence

I did buy a coralife ro/di unit off ebay bt it was used so, I may need to change the filters. I bought a tds meter waiting for it to come in the mail. My tank is fully cycled. It has been for over 2 months. This is month 4. All of my parameters ph, trite, trate, ammonia, phos,alk,mag everything is good and where it needs to be. I just have a lot of algae on the back wall and the glass I wipe down every or every other day but like I mentioned it seems to be more of a slight build up when I top off w. rodi water. Ill wait to see what the tds meter says and Im going to test rodi water before I put it in, which I havent done yet.

I have a coralife RO unit also I was buying water from the water machines where you fill the blue 5 gal jugs that's when I had algea problems but my turbos got that under control and even when I top off with my RO I don't have that prob you may want to change the filters just cause it was a used system

Yes I do. After testing all my parameters came back normal. trates and phos is at 0. I will post a picture, mainly all is on the back wall because of my hob filter I am unable to clean the back wall + its black so not so noticable. I'm not sure, maybe it's normal.

I know, sometimes they are on the back wall you can tell in my tank the trails but most of the time they hang on the rocks and my nassarius snails usually stay in the bed or every now and then on the front glass. Do you think I should add more snails i have about 6-7

Back
Top Bottom