Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes but anything but copper really dosent work i would get a cleaner wrasser and a cleaner shrimp they will eat the ich parasite

I don't think the cleaner shrimp or wrasse would be enough to fight it off. It'd probably be easier if you could QT all your fish. I think the best treatment is supposed to be hyposalinity. I think you're supposed to let the DT run for like 6 weeks to make sure that all the ich has died in there too before you add the fish back in. I've never delt with this myself so just passing on info i've read here on the forum.

I don't think that's ich on the back wall, though.

Yes but anything but copper really dosent work i would get a cleaner wrasser and a cleaner shrimp they will eat the ich parasite

Ok I have a few tips. First off Cleaner shrimp and wrasses so not help ich, Ich is under the skin and the shrimp/wrasse will only be able to eat that at one stage of their life cycle so this will help with nothing at all.

Most takes have ich in them so its all about keeping your fish happy and stress free. Just because two fish have it doesnt mean more will get it. The powder blue tangs will break out in ich when ever they are stressed and a move is always very stressful for a powder blue. The blue tang is likly being bullied or stressed for other reasons and is getting ich from stress. The best thing you can do is make sure they have garlic in their food. Feed them green seaweed with garlic extract in it. you can buy this at the LFS. Feed frozen foods that are high in nutrients (basiclly anything buy brine shrimp) Keep them fat, keep your hands out of the tank, and keep watching them. If they start breathing really hard then its likely its not ich but velvet instead. You will never see ich on anything but a fish because the reason you can see them is because they are under the skin and causing a white spot on the skin.

Thanks ingy! The power blue has stopped sowing any signs of ich or anything. The blue tang on the other hand has a bit of white spots but she eats like a rhino! I'm thinking maybe its due to the sand. She always finds these weird crevices to hide in. She's still very active. No signs of flashing or scratching on her. It's really weird. Doesn't seem like anyone is pestering her. But I'm due for a water change on Wednesday and I want to keep the water in good standing. Didn't want to stress her out anymore hence why I didn't qt her as soon as I seem the spots. I'm hoping its not velvet or ich. I just can't get a still picture of her. Hope this goes away soon. Ill look for some garlic extract. Any recommendations?

Thanks everyone for your help!!! Sorry clever I thought I seen ingy reply... But thank you so much for the reply.

Lol its ok, Looks like a bit of ich, The fish has good color so its not velvet, probably just got it because the Powder blue had it. It doesnt look bad she will likly recover shortly and be fine.

Ocean Nutrition Green Marine Algae, you can buy it at Petco or lots of fish stores. Most people carry it.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=5026

Edit...posted wrong link...lol

Thanks for your help!!! Will deff check it out today when im strolling around for stuff! Need water anyway. :)

Hey guys what do you guys think of this RO/DI? I like the fact that it has a TDS meter. Just trying to figure out if I really want to mix my own water. I find easier hauling the water... But in case of an emergency I'd like to have water on hand for larger water changes....

image-3173166129.jpg

Hey guys what do you guys think of this RO/DI? I like the fact that it has a TDS meter. Just trying to figure out if I really want to mix my own water. I find easier hauling the water... But in case of an emergency I'd like to have water on hand for larger water changes....

I have that one and absolutely love it. Couldn't ask for a better one!

Also, if you didn't get it during the group buy last week, I'll be doing another the first week of June; they drop the price to $179.

Also, if you didn't get it during the group buy last week, I'll be doing another the first week of June; they drop the price to $179.

Well... I may have to take advantage of the June group buy! It will have to be my birthday gift to myself! Haha. :) sign me up. Yeah, I forgot about the may group buy. :/

Also, for peace of mind, get the float valve Reverse Osmosis Float Valve - Bulk Reef Supply so you can turn on the system and walk away without worrying about getting water all over the place.

Here's how I installed mine:
My RO/DI Installation - YouTube

Yeah... I wouldn't have it any other way! Deff will need a float valve for it. Ill have the Mr. figure all that stuff out for me. After all he is in the water industry. :)

Ill send him the link to your YouTube installation. I'm sure it will come in handy! Thanks for your help Dari! :)

Yeah... I wouldn't have it any other way! Deff will need a float valve for it. Ill have the Mr. figure all that stuff out for me. After all he is in the water industry. :)

Ill send him the link to your YouTube installation. I'm sure it will come in handy! Thanks for your help Dari! :)

You are more than welcome :)

It's super easy. BRS has a video on installing the float valve on their YouTube channel, too.

My chromis is missing. :( going to see if he landed somewhere in the overflow. Can't seem to find a body or any left overs. :(

Back
Top Bottom