Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm sitting here with a heater and a shop vac in the living room. Not sure what's going on but the carpet is wet. I have looked for a leak on the sump... The tubes, the tank and everywhere. No sign of a leak or a slow leak for that matter. I haven't done a water change in two weeks. I have been trying to raise my parameters. Trying to figure out how this puddle of water made it to the carpet. My bf seems to think it was during a water change. My hopes are just that then a slow leak. We found sand underneath our carpet. I may be in a lot of trouble after this. I'm hoping I don't have to tear down my tank. This really sucks big ones!!!

This does not sound good. Don't let it discourage you from the hobby.

So I'm sitting here with a heater and a shop vac in the living room. Not sure what's going on but the carpet is wet. I have looked for a leak on the sump... The tubes, the tank and everywhere. No sign of a leak or a slow leak for that matter. I haven't done a water change in two weeks. I have been trying to raise my parameters. Trying to figure out how this puddle of water made it to the carpet. My bf seems to think it was during a water change. My hopes are just that then a slow leak. We found sand underneath our carpet. I may be in a lot of trouble after this. I'm hoping I don't have to tear down my tank. This really sucks big ones!!!

Line around the bottom of your tank, sump amd wrap the plumbing with toilet paper or napkins. Make sure they won't drop into anything, then keep an eye on it and see if any get wet.

I hope you pull through this. ..the sand is kinda weird though...

Well... When I was doing water changes I would siphon out Cyanobacteria off the sand bed... So I really hope this is just an old spill. It smelled like butt... This will be the second spill... First it was my 60 gallon that spewed out water... This is a first with saltwater. So far he hasn't told me to tear the tank down. Lol. I'd wouldnt be surprised if I get kicked out tank and all... Lol. Oh boy!!!

The good news is: it's not my tank!!! Bad news is: our refrigerator was leaking from the kitchen behind the wall and into the living room up to the tank. We though it was odd the tank wasn't wet. This morning when we got up we expected the carpet to be dry and it wasn't. It was very damp once again. I told my bf a few days ago I heard hissing coming from the fridge. He said it was normal hissing. Long story short we pulled the fridge out and the wall was completely soaked behind the wall. Since we don't use the ice machine or the water dispenser we just slapped a shut off valve. So word of advice first make sure your fridge isn't leaking!!! I was ready to tear my tank down. Doh!!!

Same here. He kept making me make sure it wasn't the tank but I couldn't find anything. We had to move the entertainment system and the computer desk. All really hard wood... Glad we have a carpet cleaner to soak up the water. Oh boy this has been madness but I'm doing the happy dance bc this time It wasn't my tank! :)

Two clowns are being added today! Not a matted pair... Yet... Lol... Wishful thinking. So two blue green chromis, a blue damsel and two clowns. I think I'm done. ReefPaloza is in a few weeks. :) I think I shall save some cash to grab me some more frags!!! :)

Glad to hear the tank is doing great now. Sucks about the fridge scare, that would've freaked me out thinking it was the tank also.

Glad to hear the tank is doing great now. Sucks about the fridge scare, that would've freaked me out thinking it was the tank also.

Yeah... Totally freaked me out!

So far Krusty and sideshow Bob have adjusted well to the tank! They haven't shown any interest in the anemone though. :( They hang around the front of the tank around the current made by the power heads. It's pretty cute! One of these days I'll have to post up a video! :)

Krusty and Sideshow Bob? hehehe...i love it.

I call mine Ellen and Buster. I figure, they're clownfish, name them after comedians: Ellen is the traditional orange/white clownfish, and the bigger of the two, so I named her after Ellen Degeneres (from the color TV era). Buster, the smaller black and white male, is named after Buster Keaton (from the black and white era).

Krusty and Sideshow Bob? hehehe...i love it. I call mine Ellen and Buster. I figure, they're clownfish, name them after comedians: Ellen is the traditional orange/white clownfish, and the bigger of the two, so I named her after Ellen Degeneres (from the color TV era). Buster, the smaller black and white male, is named after Buster Keaton (from the black and white era).

Yeah, I figured Krusty the clown and his side kick! :) I don't watch the show but when I'm bored I will play the Simpsons tapped out game and spend countless hours fixing the town up! Gerrrr... So many wasted hours on that game!!! Ugh! I can totally be doing something productive with my time! Haha...

I'm sure Ellen and Buster are having the time of their small fishy life!!! :)

Opened up the other half of the stand this morning!!! Really excited!!! Was debating on building a new stand but the mr. said it would be to big of a project for me to do on my own. So he helped take out the other side. Now to decide how to go about building an other sump or just adding on to the existing sump... I'd like more filter socks in there just to catch all the crap. So I'm open to suggestions... :)

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/jmborrayo/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsf7aac2ea.jpg

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy149/jmborrayo/Mobile Uploads/image_zps05914338.jpg

Btw we calked the bottom and will take the sump apart to clean it this week... We want to put some liner underneath in case we get a spill or what not... Hope it never happens but we can't take chances. I wanted a whole new stand but this wood is pretty solid and so far we are making it our own!! :)

So we had a planned power outage and the generator we got won't power up my whole tank... So we are borrowing my parents huge generator. The power outage is from 8-10pm today and was wondering if just leaving the power heads on the small generator sufficient enough for the tank? Or should I just plug in the return pump instead?

Back
Top Bottom