Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldfishJoey

Aquarium Advice Freak
100 gallon acrylic tank, sump, lights, rock, coral, fish... All for $500. :) I am sooooo Happy right now! I just have to break the news to my BF. he will not be happy! :/ anyway... What's the best way to handle an inherited tank? I've been getting my tank ready when I came across this 100 gallon one. So now I have to sell my 60. But that's for a classified deal. :) any who ha... What's the best way to move this tank and it's inhabitants safely without any losses. I'm tearing down my tank in hopes to find a buyer. I'm just thankful for my best friend... And scoring this deal. So please a little help with this...

image-3664742279.jpg

So this is the tank...

Buckets and rubbermaids. I use one of those 4 foot coolers for water before. Put the water in buckets and fill the cooler up in the back of a truck, if you have access to one.corals,fish and live rock in separate containers. Leave a little water in tank to keep sand wet. Do a large wc then you only need to bring half the water. Nice score on tank!!! He should appreciate your enthusiasm lol!

Buckets and rubbermaids. I use one of those 4 foot coolers for water before. Put the water in buckets and fill the cooler up in the back of a truck, if you have access to one.corals,fish and live rock in separate containers. Leave a little water in tank to keep sand wet. Do a large wc then you only need to bring half the water. Nice score on tank!!! He should appreciate your enthusiasm lol!

Thanks for the advice!!! :) I will surely start the process of getting everything squared away before transporting them back in. :) and I am so excited! He doesn't seem to be... But he knows exactly how much I spent on my freshwater tank that he would be ok with me spending that much for something that costly. So thank you for your help! I appreciate it.

I'm starting to think I got suckered! Rock has aptasia. :/ the aquarium is a mess... Thinking of sanding the stand, priming and painting of staining the stand. The tank itself has algae on it with salt spots.... There's green algae by the sand bed. Man... I keep my tank in prime shape... Anyway, just venting my horror story. A bit disappointed. :/ now for the hard work... What should I do about the rock??? And the green algae stuff in the sand bed?

I'm starting to think I got suckered! Rock has aptasia. :/ the aquarium is a mess... Thinking of sanding the stand, priming and painting of staining the stand. The tank itself has algae on it with salt spots.... There's green algae by the sand bed. Man... I keep my tank in prime shape... Anyway, just venting my horror story. A bit disappointed. :/ now for the hard work... What should I do about the rock??? And the green algae stuff in the sand bed?

You got a great deal so you shouldn't be worries that's a lot for 500 ....give it a good clean and it should be fine

You got a great deal so you shouldn't be worries that's a lot for 500 ....give it a good clean and it should be fine

Yeah I need to keep reminding myself of that and need to start looking at the end result. :) thanks! Do you know how I can get rid of the aptasia?

Oops lemon juice in a needled syringe. If you can take the rock out inject it and it will turn white and pull it off with some tweezers. Shot some more juice on that area rinse rock and you are fine.

Oops lemon juice in a needled syringe. If you can take the rock out inject it and it will turn white and pull it off with some tweezers. Shot some more juice on that area rinse rock and you are fine.

He has some Aiptasia X in one of his medicine boxes. Have you heard of that? Right now the live rock is in a Rubbermaid container with an air stone. I'm breaking down my tank now. I pick up the new tank in an hour or so. :) going to wait on putting everything together so I could redo the stand. In meantime the fish will be in a 29 gallon tank and the anemones and corals will be in other containers. It looks like it will be a lot of work (especially bc I'm a little OCD when it comes to cleaning my tank) so we will see how it all turns out.

Yeah that will work if he already has it. I'm glad theirs other like me!!! OCD in reefing drives me crazyyyyyy!

Aiptasia x worked great for me. Good luck! Cleaning the tank when you get it is always the fun part! Think of how accomplished you'll feel when it's done and you get to sit back, relax, and enjoy your tank.

Back
Top Bottom