Malu anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geordie77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all

Is it possible to put a malu anemone in a boyu tl 550 (128 liters).
I have 2 Perculas (wild) and want an anemone for them, i have been told by 2 marine shops that I can, and 1 shop saying i can't.
The tank has PL lighting and the water is spot on.
Problem I have is when I asked 1 of the shops again about keeping one, he said he wouldn't bother.
So I don't know what to do, I have been told to get a bubble-tip off my mate but have been told they are difficult to keep, can anyone answer this or suggest another anemone or substitute for my clowns.
I am only new to the hobby after keeping tropical fish for years, I have been in this game for 6+ months.

Last edited:
I believe that the Malu anemone (Heteractis malu) is considered a delicate anemone and difficult to keep. I have found that bubble tip anemones are much easier to care for. You have to have strong lighting with most all anemones I'm not sure what PL lighting is so you will have to elaborate for me.

I would also suggest waiting for a few more months before introducing an anemone to the tank. They require very stable water parameters. Typically it is suggested you wait 8-12 months before putting one in your system.

Back
Top Bottom