Mandrin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MississippiFishGuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had planned on getting on after having my tank for a few months it's been about a year now. But recently my two scooter blennies had died and I don't know how should I still take the chance on getting one or not?

Yes I had saw them swimming around and then the next day when I got off my school bus I couldn't find I even moved my LR around and couldn't find them anywhere not even their bodies were found.

I wouldn't get one, they require constant live feeding, unless you have a large reef established

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

How much live rock do you have? I thought I read somewhere that they would need about 75lbs of LR (for the pod population).

Or a sump/ refugium, to allow a constant population, but they are known to empty a tank full of pods in a week... Just my opinion, I am no expert! They are awesome fish

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

How big is your tank? Scooters are dragonets just like mandarins, in other words they have special needs for feeding. Unless your tank is 90G+ with a sump, having 2 in the same tank is a bad idea due to the need of pods which they munch on constantly. My guess is that they may have starved unless you had them trained to a prepared food. Many people don't know what they are getting themselves into when they bring a member of the dragonet family home. As for the mandarin, hold off on that idea unless you can get you hands on an ORA mandarin which still have reports of them going back to pods after being added to a tank.

It's a 90 gal I have a sump but just recently got a set of pods they don't sell they Pet Co( sucks here) but they are the LFS around here so I had got they when I had to go out of town but I guess they did starve that is the only thing I could think of but I thought they would be ok because they would eat the pellets I put in there.

If they were eating pellets, then I would probably rule out starving. Did they actually hold the pellets in, or did they just spit them out a second or two later when you weren't looking? I think you would be fine getting a mandarin, just wait until your tank is crawling with pods.

thominil said:
If they were eating pellets, then I would probably rule out starving. Did they actually hold the pellets in, or did they just spit them out a second or two later when you weren't looking? I think you would be fine getting a mandarin, just wait until your tank is crawling with pods.

Now that I think about it I don't know yea I'm just gunna wait for the Mandrin.

Back
Top Bottom