Mangrove Plants for Reef Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was doing some research about mangrove plants for the reef aquarium adding the benefit of Nitrate reduction to increase the health of my aquarium. I don't have a sump yet idea still up in the air. In the mean time I was thinking why not buy a plant and keep it in the main tank until I get a sump. I figure a plant could look nice even as long as it doesn't get out of control. I am looking for some good articles on Plants in the Reef aquarium if anybody knows of any. And I am wondering if there is a species of Mangrove that I could put in the main display. Chaeto seems to be the popular one for the sump but it looks like grass. What about the shaving brush plant or red mangrove. Any thoughts about this subject would be beneficial to me.

Great article Allen. There`s just not too many SW plants out there. As far as the nitrates frequent PWC`s will accomplish the same thing. Have you ever considered a denitraitor?

Back
Top Bottom