marine plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vromanowski

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It seems like everyone does either FOWLR or Fish+Coral. Browsing on some online vendors I noticed a lot of them sell marine plants, so why doesn't anyone doing SW ever have a planted tank? Is it just unpopular or something? I mean some of them look pretty cool to me... but I've never done SW I have a planted FW.

Welcome to AA. I think that with the cost of setting up a marine enviroment most people want to maximize their dollar with all the beautiful corals that look so much like plants anyway. Why don't you set one up and do a build thread so we all can follow along and enjoy..

+1 to TC

But i've also seen some planted marine tanks and usually they look.. well.. really ugly. It's hard to keep up maintenance with some of those plants that grow like wildfire. Then when people get lazy, all the plants get out of hand and it pretty much looks like pea soup. But i have seen a really nice planted marine tank(only one...) and the lady that was keeping it said she was doing some heavy maintenance.. daily. Plus, she also had the help of fish that ate some of the plants.

About the only plants that would do anything in the SW aquarium are mangroves and your macro algeas. Macro`s will over run a tank very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom