Marineland maxi-jet. Newb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bsnow0410

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so when I first started looking into slatwater I just rushed out and picked stuff up and realized I needed to slow down. We'll a year later started a tank a 75 compared to I was gunna do a 20 at first.

But I wanted to go over the maxi jet multi use circulation pump. When I first started I was gunna do a 20 so I picked up 2 400s and somebody told me they would be good enough. I wanna call bull on that statement. I'm a newbie and don't know much but would have to say I love these things for being half the price of my nano hydor that's have the power. I use two in my 75 and they help quite a bit. Not close to enough by them selves but the versatility with them is better then any other.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395510668.605769.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395510688.388801.jpg

Use them anyway you'd like they are amazing. Obv hydor makes a really nice pump as we'll but not as versatile as you can see my 1150 in the one pic

I don't like Maxijets as powerheads, ATO pumps they work or I use them as water pumps to transfer rodi water during a change and that's about it. They are noisy, low quality and for a powerhead limit you. Only way to reliably use as a powerhead is to attach the hook mount otherwise they fall down all the time. The hook limits the placement to within 6" of the top of the tank which also adds micro bubbles from sucking a vortex of air. Yes they are cheap and versatile and can get the job done but lack in the quality and longevity departments. I spend way more on vortechs not long ago and those are awesome.

I don't like Maxijets as powerheads, ATO pumps they work or I use them as water pumps to transfer rodi water during a change and that's about it. They are noisy, low quality and for a powerhead limit you. Only way to reliably use as a powerhead is to attach the hook mount otherwise they fall down all the time. The hook limits the placement to within 6" of the top of the tank which also adds micro bubbles from sucking a vortex of air. Yes they are cheap and versatile and can get the job done but lack in the quality and longevity departments. I spend way more on vortechs not long ago and those are awesome.

Ohh yea I always say you pay for what you get it's how it works. But for the price of these compared to a lot. If your just starting off and have a low budget these will work for the beginning

I always keep a powerhead just in case I don't have enough current.

Back
Top Bottom