Mattyfelts's Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many lbs do u have?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389816572.485473.jpg
That's the ten I'm currently building you can see how the power heads are higher. Also are you running carbon and bio pellets right now?

How many lbs do u have?
View attachment 216842
That's the ten I'm currently building you can see how the power heads are higher. Also are you running carbon and bio pellets right now?
what light is that? and okay i will move my powerhead higher then. And im not quite sure how many id say about 8/9 lbs i might buy some more live again soon or maybe some more dry, not sure yet. Also yes i am running 2 bags of biological ceramic pellets and carbon, why?

Bio pellets are more of a fw thing they end up trapping a lot of nitrate in sw I wouldn't run them and carbon IME makes the cycle drag out. this is the one time you want ammonia and nitrite in your system. Start running your media after the cycle. And the light is a reefkoi full spectrum par38 it's not that blue in person that's a cell picture

Bio pellets are more of a fw thing they end up trapping a lot of nitrate in sw I wouldn't run them and carbon IME makes the cycle drag out. this is the one time you want ammonia and nitrite in your system. Start running your media after the cycle. And the light is a reefkoi full spectrum par38 it's not that blue in person that's a cell picture
Okay so should i take the bags out and just run it as kind of a water agitation system (empty filter) and is that enough rock for now? Should i pick more up soon? Your tank looks great by the way what live stock?

okay so now my glass is exposed on the right side, i moved the powerhead and its still doing this. It is the marineland 400, [currently running circulation pump mode] should i actually switch it to be a power head?

The circulation pump moves 500 GPH and the power head 110 GPH. Please help D:!

Ya run it empty until your cycle is done then put in some purigen or chemi-pure. 8 or 9 is a little on the low side you should aim for 1 to 1.5 lbs per gallon I have 13 in mine. You also want the rock work to be open so the water can flow through. And thanks, not much live stock yet it's only a lil over 2 months old 3 trochus snails 2 bumble bee snails ( hitch hikers ) 4 zebra hermits and a blue shroom frag rock that I'm going to separate and place where I want them this weekend

Try pointing towards the surface a little bit. 500 is a little high and 110 is a little low

Try pointing towards the surface a little bit. 500 is a little high and 110 is a little low
i tryed to point toward the surface and it did literally nothing, maybe i should try 110 and maybe invest in another in the future? but for now i think the 110 and the agitation from the filter should be sufficient? correct?

I'm running 2 korilia nano 240's. Great little power head and only $25. Are you planning on doing a reef or just a fowlr?if you can get the flow so there's no dead spots 110 should be fine for cycle

I'm running 2 korilia nano 240's. Great little power head and only $25. Are you planning on doing a reef or just a fowlr?if you can get the flow so there's no dead spots 110 should be fine for cycle
sorry im new, yes only a fowlr, the filter is rated at around 100 gph also so would that be sufficient, what is a dead spot sorry for the newbie questions

Set up your power head and let it run for a while if you notice stuff settling in one spot that's a flow dead spot and this is where waste will settle and bacteria/algae will grow. And that should be fine for a fowlr

Set up your power head and let it run for a while if you notice stuff settling in one spot that's a flow dead spot and this is where waste will settle and bacteria/algae will grow. And that should be fine for a fowlr
so it seems to work better now, just its so bulky it looks weird...there is also anotehr mode which is substantially smaller and is called utility pump which seems much smaller, also what does the airline have to do with the pump and why do i have it. thanks

I use the korilias and they don't have airlines. Did you get a power head or a pump.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389828098.448570.jpg
Does yours look like that?

Mine is a three in one. I'll post a pic of the new way tonight.

I have cycled fw tanks, never saltwater so was just curious how much the live rock helps the cycle

Add your ammonia source. Then wait for your ammonia to spike then nitrite to spike then when these 2 both fall off to 0 ppm and all you have is nitrate do a large wc (50-60%). You can add some cuc here but don't go crazy because you don't want them to starve. I would wait until your nitrates below 10 ppm before adding a fish

Back
Top Bottom