Maurice's 150 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got done sanding and staining the stand today. Looks much better. The panels stain had completely worn off. I took the panels off sanded everything and then stained everything before putting the panels back on. I'll be putting the clear coat on it Saturday.

image-1512053701.jpg

Well I got the rest of my live rock and sand today. The sand was harvested for South Carolina and Florida. There are all sorts or shark teeth in it

Well I have it about 2/3 filled and about 160# of rock. Getting close. Letting it cycle for awhile

image-2471826777.jpg

My blue tang in qt
image-2867463976.jpg

Yellow watchman goby in qt
image-2337252621.jpg

Well I'm on the last leg of the journey. All I have left is to put the doors on and transfer everything over this weekend

image-1391184842.jpg

Any advice on transferring or is it just like putting new fish in

Are they difficult to keep? Are you worried about it being basically an unestablished sandbed or are they pod consumers?

They are pod consumers but he eats the frozen mysis and brine shrimp. But I've noticed that since I put him in my 150 I'm having to feed my tank really good once a day or he doesn't get enough to eat

They are pod consumers but he eats the frozen mysis and brine shrimp. But I've noticed that since I put him in my 150 I'm having to feed my tank really good once a day or he doesn't get enough to eat

Wow He's a cool lookin fish for sure...!

I tried my luck with a Target Mandarin. Sadly, I didn't realize that my 6 line was a pod consumer, and it got real skinny. I brought it back to my LFS, who nurtured it for about a month but it didn't make it. My new 40 breeder is getting a HOB fuge next week and I may give another mandarin a go in a few months depending on pop population...

Back
Top Bottom