maxijet 1200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had the same problem, the glass was to dirty and they would not stick. Just take a razor blade and run it around the area where the suction cups are going to be. Once the glass is free of algae/bacteria/ect... they should stick no problem HTH

I've been dealing with the same issue. To summarize:

1. ReefRaff's magnet attachment. - Kinda pricey.

2. AquaReefer's clean-the-glass. - Been doing that, just makes it stick longer, but it's going to come off again.

3. Aznbob's hang-over clip. - May not be possible depending on your hood (as is my situation).

I tried using a drop of silicon sealant on the suction cup but, sadly, it won't cure underwater. I've thought about using the superglue to attach the suction cups to the glass. I'd be interested to know if anyone has done that or if it would be easily removed with a razor.

I had the same problem also. The SW will eventually damage the rubber in the suction cup. I now just use the plastic clip as well.

just take a small pea sized bit of silicon, and apply it to the back of the suction cup...

then press it against the glass where it will stay, and let it cure.

You can remove it with razor blade, but it wont move.

thats they way i had mine attached until I left MaxiJets

mykpoz, I tried that but it wouldn't stick. Maybe my suction cup just wouldn't stay long enough for the silicon to cure but it would just keep falling off after a short while. I'm willing to try it again though.

Gatorfreak said:
mykpoz, I tried that but it wouldn't stick. Maybe my suction cup just wouldn't stay long enough for the silicon to cure but it would just keep falling off after a short while. I'm willing to try it again though.

in the end, I replaced my MJ's with Rio Seio series... will never use MJ's for anything other then keeping my skimmer compartment mixed up :)

The change from MJ’s to the Seio’s was mainly because of the water disbursement. If you compare the two, the MJ’s have a @10 degree jet that is very turbulent while the Seio’s have a very wide almost 30 degree output.

I am waiting to see how the icecap vortex’s are going to be priced… the motor will be on the outside of the tank, and it will drive the current via magnets to its counterpart inside the tank. http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/melevsreef/video/vortech_lg.wmv I am hoping they wont be too expensive.

Another plus to the Seio's is that you can strip them down, and make them look like a Tunze ;) (for us reefers on a budget.)

and one additional plus is that the seio 620,820,1100 are rated at 620,820,1100 gph respectfully. the price for the 620 on petsolutions is only 34.99. you will spend that on atleast 2 MJ's to equal the gph, without the coverage that the seio's provide.

I am sure others have used Seio's and can chime in too.

I guess if you have an extra 40 bucks to spend buy one, and try it out... you will soon replace your other MJ's with them :) (thats what happened with me.)

Wow, that vortech pump looks really cool. The Seio's 620gph using 8W is impressive. The MJ1200 uses 20W for 295gph. But we're getting off-topic now. :oops:

I'm going to try the silicon on the suction cup again and I'll post my results.

Back
Top Bottom