Maxijet Natural Wavemaker System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was a pretty good price too, considering the Maxijets generally costs between $20-$23 each, and if you need a few in the tank, the Wavemaker is almost free with this deal.

Mike

Yep. I just bought 2 new Maxijet replacements a month ago. I wish I this deal would have been there before I purchased them.

Mike

I have three maxi-jet 1200s and that wave timer in my tank. I bought it all seperately and you can bet I paid more then $82 for it. It works well in my tank, although I am concerned the "start-up" of the PH is a bit harsh. I wonder if it will effect their life? Works well for me.

i wouldn't be too concerned about pump start up. i go diving on the reefs here in hawaii all the time and the water movement is pretty strong and sudden all the time. in nature, waves break on to the reefs.

From what I've read the maxi-jets are the only power heads that can stand up to the constant on/off shock of wave makers.

This setup (natural wave timer + Maxijet 1200's) works even better if you do the "mod" to the Maxijets and cut off the output tube. This produces a wide range of patterns in water flow since these PH's start up in random directions each time.

Yes they are for sale individually. That package is an awesome deal, its cheaper than i can buy the stuff for.

mrpope said:
I was going to set up a closed loop, so nothing is in the tank - only the inlets and outlets

I'd like to hear how you were going to do this...
I want to do the same.. I dont' want all the equipment in the tank itself...

If I had my tanks going for so long now without this system... Is it going to mess my fish and corals up now if I add this new water movement system? I have 2 maxijet 1200's in the tank now and the edges of the flow hit eachother so there is some turbelance and there is good fow around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom