Metal halide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevinalewis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Getting ready to purchase new de halide bulbs. My fixture takes 2 and currently has 2000k bulbs. What's the best k to have on reef tank. Right now I have a few soft and Los corals. I have on acro frag and it's doing well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also if anyone can recommend an inexpensive quality bulb that would also be appreciated.

I ordered some phoenix bulbs from marine depot but the sale is off now they were 14k 150w. I like the color of the phoenix bulbs better than some of the rest of them.

The color temp is up to you. 10000k is white then 14k is bluer then 20k being the most blue. Usually 14 or 20 is preferred because it will bring out the most colors. I dont have mh so I cant say which is the best. Although I have heard phenix bulbs are preferred but cost more.

I run 20k xm bulbs over my nano and everything is doing great. I mostly have LPS and zoas, and my green monti cap. The monti grew 3 inches in the last year

Back
Top Bottom