Metal Halide question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

possum

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just wondering if i could possibly get away with having 2 bulbs over my 6 foot long tank instead of 3. I dont mind putting everything on the edges of the tank. And it seems to me that there would be almost enough light in the center of the tank to keep a few low light things like shrooms and such. Let me know what you think?

P.S. If i can get away with 2 i am alot closer to being able to get them ;)

If you can only get 2 MH for the tank I would evenly split them into 3rds rather than at the edges. Come in 2 feet, put your light, space 2 feet, than put your other light. This way the light is more spaced than at the edges and it will give a more evenlight spread.

If you can only get 2 MH for the tank I would evenly split them into 3rds rather than at the edges. Come in 2 feet, put your light, space 2 feet, than put your other light. This way the light is more spaced than at the edges and it will give a more evenlight spread.

125 has 2 centerbraces, to place them as is suggested...there would be two shadows in the tank.

FWIW, I think it could work, but I would work towards adding a third later.

not all 125 has two center braces, Perfecto only has one. You should have no problem doing that is you make sure that your light hungry corals are in the 2 square ft range.

i was planning on getting a mh also ppl say i have to have a chiller. but the mh
is also pretty expensive equipment can i just get by with one i have a 75g tank
about 4 ft long anyone know of any good deals for mh.........

fobguy, I'm doing the same as you looking for the best deal. i found this site www.hellolights.com from reeflady (and advisor here) and they have some great deals. Especially if you plan on doing it yourself. As far as a chiller is concerned, I'm not familiar with them not to mentoin I'm from Ohio, so i really don't need them.

ohio reefer

Back
Top Bottom