metal halides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
getting ready to purchase new lights curious about a few things for my 90 gallon would i be better with 250 watts (which im guessing yes ) and are hqi a better set up ?? double ended bulbs the way to go??? i know a bit more $$ but thinking will let me move them to a bigger tank later ??!?!? and from what i been reading electric bal r better right?

Electronic ballasts wheigh less and run cooler. and use Less Electricity. that would be the way I would go If I were to use MH.

as far as I know Electronic ballast only use HQI. but I'm not for sure. I heard people who use them say they are very nice.

cool thanks !! if anyone does know if there are any benifits to using them i like to know it not id just go with the 250 reg bulbs save some money :)

are you referring to the lighting systems, or just bulbs?

Our set up was bought through champion lighting.

Question was pertaining to where the best place was to buy HQI supplies(bulbs, fixtures, etc.) from, now that I look at it, wording looks a bit goofy, Champion Lighting, Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom