Micro bubble problem still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elmo1287

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tried everything from cleaning the sump and my pump adding a filter to the bottom of the tubes and top of them and a towel inside the overflow but I still have micro bubbles about to drain the whole thing and restart

Well.......... Taking the tank down and restarting..... What is that going to do?? I don't understand. You just locate the source and do whatever you need to eliminate the bubbles. Putting a towel in your overflow won't help as the bubbles are being produced somewhere. Do you have a skimmer? What filtration??? Baffles in your sump?

Try to figure out first where exactly they're coming from.

Their some pictures three baffles and no skimmer I haven't hooked it up yet

Attachments

• image-78239292.jpg
    image-78239292.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image-4242200445.jpg
    image-4242200445.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 80
Elmo1287 said:
Their some pictures three baffles and no skimmer I haven't hooked it up yet

Looks like overflowing into your return pump raise water level in return pump chamber

Looks like overflowing into your return pump raise water level in return pump chamber

Definitely... that water splashing down into the return chamber is creating bubbles that enter your pump & get chopped up by the impeller..... LOTS of micro bubbles. Bring your ATO up so that your water level is maybe 1/4" - 1/2" below the baffle. You want the water to flow into the return chamber, not splash into it.

The third baffle the water is falling over the top? Baffled are over under over? You could remove the third baffle which would cause the water to flow from underneath then put about two to three inches of rock about a inch to two inch from opening. This will cause the water to pass under the second baffle and through the rocks forcing the bubbles to the surface. Also expands your water level which could also be a problem.any room for a sponge to have the water pass through before entering return area would help also.

I would do a sock filter on the return pipe that would stop a little bit of the bubbles in the first chamber. Then add a piece of styrofoam on the baffles. The should reduce the micro bubbles.

Okay so I have two return pipes one into both sides side with the baffles and side with the heater ill give it a try in the a.m an see what happens do you think it would be okay to pour water from the display tank into it or just add more water to it myself which could cause major overflow!!

For top offs I usually just dump like two gallons of rodi into my tank through the egg crate. To actually raise the water level you she use salt water as using fresh would drop your salinity.

Back
Top Bottom