Mid fishless cycle, no sign of nitrites.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank has fish! Went to the best lfs I've ever seen, all they do is specialize in marine systems(maintenance, installation, and of course retail store). Talked with the guy there for a while about how I started the tank my setup etc.

Left with a small banggai cardinalfish, a small six line wrasse, two snails and a small shrimp.

I was concerned about bioload initially but he assured me it would be alright.

So far the shrimp is my favorite, animated little critter. Frankly I'm not much of a fan of the cardinalfish personality wise it seems like a turd.

Wrasse is still hiding as would be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice man, I started my system over a month ago. I also put a good amount of livestock too start (two clowns followed by a starry Blenny a week later,a shrimp two weeks later, and some snails and hermits in between all that). Just wanted to let you know your water may cloud up alittle while the bacteria catches up to your bio load. Hope your fish do good and take your time. You probably shouldn't add anything else for a couple weeks.

Agreed. Not planning on adding anything else for about 4-6 weeks. Will then add 3 more shrimp and one more fish. 2-3 months after that will add final 2-3 fish.

Day two all is well. Was initially scared as the shrimp molted last night and I thought it was it's dead carcus not just it's molted shell, and the wrasse was covered in white specks that fell off as the morning went on. I forgot they bury themselves in sand and thought it was ich!

Cysts is just one life stage of ich. The other tie it grows in the sand before swimming up to fish.
This means you won't always see the cysts on infected fish! Keep an eye out, as I'd suspect you could have ich.
Yes wrasses do bury themselves, just make sure it was sand.

Cysts is just one life stage of ich. The other tie it grows in the sand before swimming up to fish.
This means you won't always see the cysts on infected fish! Keep an eye out, as I'd suspect you could have ich.
Yes wrasses do bury themselves, just make sure it was sand.

Always on the lookout. No other symptoms present though just the specs that I suspect were sand. :)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the cyst cycle would be longer than 8-10 hours from seeing nothing to seeing 5-10 specs to then seeing none.

How soon will ich show it self? I put 4 chromis in about a week ago, don't notice anything.

If the wrasse is new it could have come in with it. And I'm far from an expert with disease, so I don t know the answers to that. Just saying keeping an eye on it would be a good thing.

All fish seem healthy. No white spots on the wrasse tonight.

The cardinalfish did for lack of a better word seem to gasp for a little while after feeding tonight, and he would twitch his head a lot like he was choking or something...

All levels are still perfect. Thinking of adding 3 more peppermint shrimp here shortly.

As for the next fish, can anyone recommend the safest order to introduce? We want either one black clown or possibly a pair, a flame angel, and one other vibrant active fish(suggestions?)

Back
Top Bottom