Mike's Algae Powered Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol well he is trying to get it so that's a plus. I am just used to fish like chop who eat like pigs everyday. It's a different experience for sure with this guy.

I'm calling it a win. Haven't spotted the damsel since I left for work yesterday. Slagathor 1 damsels 0

That's great! If one of my damsels came up missing I'd be more inclined to check my long-nosed hawk for a fat belly!

I feed him 15-20 (1-2") ghost shrimp twice / week. He's only eaten one Chromis and two damsels in his lifetime.

Sounds like a lot of shrimp . I have read that anglers should be feed once per week and also had that recommend by the angler keeper that started this craze when you first got yours lol. With any of your reading / experience keeping one do you see any issues with weekly feedings?

I would for sure say that one good Chromis or damsel would be fine, but these shrimp are small and I don't think they contain near the nutritional value. My feeding is like once every 5 days, but it still seems like twice a week. All I know is that my angler has grown 16x as large as when I got him so I think he's healthy. My angler will refuse food once he is full. Usually 10-15 go to him and 5-10 are eaten by damsels and my 54 gallon members.

Bottom line, if he gets a good meal, I'd say once per week is plenty.

haha everytime i see this fish I think of this...

4TZKCPDNdku-ltAirMSCkA2.jpg

Picked these 2 corals up last night. Got a duncan with 3 heads for $25 and a rock with 6 hairy mushrooms for $20.

Attachments

• image-3440098645.jpg
    image-3440098645.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image-301505146.jpg
    image-301505146.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 90
Wow that's a good deal! We had our reef club Christmas party tonight and I picked up some spongodes (sp) nice ring of fire zoas and some blue rim monti. Also won some reef nutrition food in a raffle. Pretty stoked!

Well had another feeding failure again today. Tried frozen silverslides with absolutely no luck whatsoever. Will try again tomorrow. Not a happy camper :(

Thanks Fort. That's the plan for Wednesday Bud. I will give it another shot tomorrow before I break down and pick up another damsel . My first feeding was a fluke lol.

Success!!!!! I made another type of feeding stick from 3/16 plastic tube and monofilament line. Threaded the line thru the tube and taped one end down. Left 3 inches of excess line on the other side and skewered the silverslide on that. Set it in the tank and let the flow move it around until it got his attention. Moved it away and then closer to him and bam he ate it. Must have been stick shy from when he missed the food and bit the straw. No hesitation this time just like the first feeding. :)

Back
Top Bottom