•Minium setup for banded coral shrimps...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zephyr

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello
I waz just wonderin wat would be the minimum setup needed to keep 2 coral banded shrimps?
Are they called banded coral shrimps or coral banded shrimps?
How do you convert gallons to litres, (I'm an Australian teen :twisted: )
Neway thanx 4 the help
Justin :arrow:

I can not answer your first question but I can answer your second.

To convert US gallons to Litres
  • Determine the quantity in US gallons
    Using your calculator, multiply by 3.78
    Your final answer is in Litres

Tips:
For the math purist, the formula is G*3.785412=L

Where G = gallons and L = Litres

Obviously to convert Litres to Gallons you would divide vs multiply.

:wink:

I think you can do a mated pair of CBS in a ten gallon nano reef set up, with maybe one small fish, keeping in mind the CBS will try to catch and eat your fish :evil:

On another note, how did you make the dot at the beginning of the subject line? I didn't know we could do that :oops:

keeping in mind the CBS will try to catch and eat your fish :evil:
That's NOT GOOD! Would they eat a perc? What if it was only one shrimp?

On another note, how did you make the dot at the beginning of the subject line? I didn't know we could do that :oops:
Its pritty simple. You just hold down ALT and press 0161
You can do many symbols with different number combinations
thanxs 4 the advice :wink:

That's NOT GOOD! Would they eat a perc? What if it was only one shrimp?

If kept well fed, you might be ok. Alot also depends on the shrimp, but from my standpoint, the problem is space. In a small tank, the shrimp will get to large, and might go after the fish. It is a possibility, but I consider it a good possibility. You might consider one of the other cleaner shrimps, like the skunk (Lysmata amboinensis), or the blood shrimp (Lysmata debelius). Both will do well with multiple shrimp, and there is 0 possibility that they will try to eat your fish.

reefrunner69 said:
keeping in mind the CBS will try to catch and eat your fish :evil:

My CBS has never bothered any of the fish.

To be honest, I don't think they could catch a fish if they tried, they're way too slow. A sick fish they may be able to catch, but not a healthy one.

I have only kept one pair, in a 90g tank, and had the same experience as you, but my reading indicates that in a small tank, it is a real possibility. My thoughts were that the smaller the aquarium the more the chances will go up, and my other thoughts were sleeping fish.

Back
Top Bottom